Happy New Year!!!
2013 brings a fourth installment of Equilutions!!! Last year's were pretty lackluster since my back injury had me benched. Lets see if we can do better this year!!
1. GET HELP. I wanted to try maintaining without regular lessons, but I don't feel that was as successful as I want us to be. We will start taking weekly equitation lessons this month and work up towards small jumps.
2. SHOW IN HORSEMANSHIP. We cut out all western mounted classes last year in an effort to be able to show without totally overdoing it. This year I would like to add horsemanship back in, and perhaps walk/trot western pleasure and trail if the courses are more traditional. We are just not cut out for those modern "trail" aka POLES classes.
3. LEAD IN A STRAIGHT LINE. This is kindergarten work, but in showmanship we are still having a hard time with this. When we stop at the judge, Junior is nearly always hip-out from the line. I've got a plan, let's see if it works!
4. SHOWMANSHIP SUIT. This year I will build myself a suit (jacket AND pants) out of the deep teal fabric I purchased. Pants are difficult to fit. I will be soliciting a colleague for help and I hope to have this done by our first show in early May.
5. HORSEMANSHIP SHIRT. I will build myself a simple blouse to wear for HMS and WP. Sounds easy, but because fit is so important it could be tough. I hope to have it finished by out first show.