1. Ride more than the once-or-twice-per-week BS that I've been doing.
2. Make the new western showmanship jacket I've designed. The design is ready, the materials are in hand. I need to alter a pattern and of course do all the cutting, stitching, and embellishing...
3. Make the new horsemanship shirt I've designed. The design is ready, the materials are in hand. I need to alter a pattern and of course do all the cutting, stitching....
4. Realize that It's not possible to do all three of those things in 10 days.
5. Remove item #3. Besides, it's a lot of extra work to pack/prep/haul a second discipline AND this show is usually really popular and the western goes well into the evening and you might recall how the Junebug gets a bit "over it" in the early afternoon. And my back probably won't appreciate the extra work, either.
6. Second guess all of this and consider riding western anyway by putting aside the new shirt plans and wearing one of my many currently un-sold shirts. I can always debut the new shirts at the next show...
7. Ride a LOT more than the once-or-twice-per-week BS that I've been doing.
I think Junior's OP are considering taking him in the Walk/Trot classes so that will be a fun addition to the day as well as some tag-team grooming help, which I will very much appreciate! So on the 5th I think I'll be showing (assuming the show bill is the same as previous years):
#6 - English Halter - He's not a halter horse, but many people like his build.
#7 - Adult Hunter Showmanship
#10 - Adult Hunter Under Saddle
#15 - Open Walk-Trot Hunter Under Saddle - I'll ride this class if his OP do not show
#16 - Limited Novice Hunter Under Saddle - with his OP
#17 - Adult Hunt Seat Equitation
#21 - Limited Novice Hunt Seat Equitation - with his OP
#24 - Adult Western Showmanship
I'll also be taking ALL of my currently un-sold show shirts to the tack swap at the show. Hopefully I don't have to bring any of them home with me!
Here's a sample I made to test the washability and dryability of materials. I simply cut off a corner/slice of each of the heat-transfer material sheets and added some of the swarovski's. The good news is I WASHED AND DRIED the sample and it came out perfect! There's just one more material I need to run through... I'm not as optimistic about that one. :(