A while ago Ellie from Ellie and Werther awarded me the Kreativ Blogger award. I honestly didn't know what that meant at the time, and then after my pre-vacation post I was granted the same award and another award!!! I am so tickled that you all passed the awards to me.
I don't know much about blogging. The woman who sold Junior to me told me about the Fugly blog and I started reading it and It's Really a Long Way Down. I used to journal daily through middle and high school and have boxes of journals in my parents attic. So right before I got Junior I started getting super anxious about bringing him home and started to just go ahead and write about my journey with Junior. I decided in the beginning to just do whatever I wanted with the blog, not attempting to gather a following or to win awards (didn't even know they exist!) just to vent about my experiences. It was so fun to start getting subscribers and comments and it is SO wonderful to find kindred spirits, especially when my barn mates are kids 9-18 and their parents and my horsiest friend lives 1000 miles away! So it is with much gratitude I tell you about my awards!
From Ellie and Werther and Welcome to Joshland:
The Kreativ Blogger Award
5 of my favorite things:
1. The smell of fresh-cut alfalfa.
2. Crisp cotton sheets.
3. The song of the Meadowlark.
4. Harvey Bags.
5 Blogs to pass the award on to:
1. minutia - An extremely creative friend of mine.
2. Mugwump Cronicles Honest training tips mixed with edge-of-your-seat stories.
3. Tacky Tack of the Day What a fun way to be snarky about fugly tack!
4. Movie in a Bottle They haven't blogged in a while, but it's so much fun when they do!
5. Period Corsets A company blog that celebrates the beauty of corsets and foundations. I purchase from them regularly for my productions. They are a super-cool bunch of ladies!
From A Year with Horses, WV Girl at Heart, and Adventures with Super Sam:
The Honest Scrap Award!
5 Things about me:
1. I recently vowed to cook more and healthier.
2. I really wish I had more time to read blogs but with work and Junior I just don't.
3. One of the things on my "bucket list" is to be on horseback, far enough into the remaining wilderness of the US that we cannot see or hear anthing man-made.
4. I was on CBS news last spring in a story about how people were planning to use their stimulus checks. I put the money in my "pony account" I used to purchase Junior.
5. I appeared nude (in dim lighting) onstage in a production of the musical HAIR in 2000. An estimated 1,800 people saw the show. I was 21 at the time and I've never regretted it. It was liberating and beautiful.
5 Blogs to pass it on to:
1. Ellie and Werther - A "sister blog" to mine, she got Werther at the same time I got Junior!
2. Of Horses and Men - A gal with a heart of gold tells us about her horse, her dogs, and her boys.
3. Welcome to Joshland - An elementary school friend I reconnected with in the blogosphere. He is simply amazing.
4. Pony Girl Rides Again - Gorgeous pictures and a super cool cowgirl.
5. Saving Argus - A generous woman saves a forgotten horse. Beautiful story, beautiful photos. Bring a kleenex.