Monday, August 16, 2010

I've Got My Eye On You

Max's girl, Chloe took this picture. She takes such good pictures I sometimes wish she just followed me around all the time!


I bought stain and spar urethane and will begin the staining process very soon. Some timing might not work out for me to start tomorrow, but certainly Wednesday I'll get the stain on. I chose "gun stock" as the color. Picture the wood part on your grandpa's shotgun. Yup. Sure hope I like it once it's on! It's so hard to tell what it's going to look like for real. The image on the can is not really the color of the image on their website, and the "samples" at the store are out of date so half of them are not sold anymore and many that are for sale (including gun stock) are not represented in the samples. I'm sure it'll be fine. If it were a church instead of a tack box I would do samples and stuff, but it'll be fine. Besides, unless the sample was covered in barn dust it won't be accurate. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the finished product! Nice pic of your horses eye. Even with a horse they are the window to the soul.

    ReplyDelete