Friday, March 26, 2010

I thought it was spring...




Woke up to this today. Not funny. I am leaving tomorrow for a conference and have a million things on my to-do list (so I'm posting, that makes sense) and not much time to do it in. The weather, though splendid over the weekend and early part of the week, has been poopy. Rainy, and of course the un-welcomed snow we got last night. It'll melt right away, but it means turnout is limited.

Junior is fine. We had a showmanship lesson on Wednesday and he was pretty good. I kept forgetting part of the patterns, but I usually don't have trouble with patterns at shows.... of course saying that probably jinxed it. Ooops. We've been staying in the english saddle and bridle and he's been doing well. His canter really is better than his lope. I don't feel the one-sidedness nearly as much when I let him stride out. Good thing I didn't intend him to only be WP!

Thinking of doing our first show on April 25, but not sure yet. Might just do English and showmanship, since it's a ways away and I'm the only one who's riding western this year. I hate hauling twice as much gear and then being the one to make everyone have to stay longer. And since I've resolved that he's not going to excel at WP...

Will update when I get back and have something to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment