Saturday, March 5, 2011

We Got Stuff!

When I began writing this blog, I had no intention of gaining any sort of a "following". The very idea was laughable. I only wanted a place to document my journey into horse ownership. Someplace to record the events (small and large) of my time with this big hunk of roan.

When the "followers" started appearing, one by one, I was (and still am) shocked. Are we really that interesting? Do people really want to know what we're up to? This blog currently gets over 1,700 hits per month, according to my "stats." I have no idea how that number is possible, but I want to thank each and every one of you for coming along on this ride. I am grateful to each one of you, whether you are a subscriber or just an occasional visitor. If you have an avatar in the "Followers" box I have read your profile and if you have one, I have visited your blog. If you are one of the "anonymous" I wonder who you are and what brought you to my story. I think about you all when I write. Wonder what you'd be interested in. I edit my ramblings with you in mind, and in doing so I get a chance to condense my thoughts into a more concise record of my life with Junior. I take your comments to heart, even the ones that disagree with me or tell me what I can improve upon.

So when Megan from Build-A-Sign contacted me about creating some merchandise for my blog, I wasn't sure what I would DO with promotional materials! With her generous assistance, we have magnetic and sticky BUMPER STICKERS!!!!
There is a magnetic one gracing the rear of my Civic, and if you would like one to grace your jalopy, VW Bus, or horse trailer, there will be an opportunity to do so very soon! Just working some details out on that, but I just couldn't wait to share the designs with you.

Megan and I designed the bumper sticker using Build-A-Sign's clip art and fonts. It was really easy to use and it was fun to swap the different images and fonts until I found something that I really liked.

I also created some decals by uploading the same image I have embroidered on all of my tack bags. I also created some really similar ones using the fonts and clip art, so you can create your own nifty way to label all of your horsey stuff! And the decals are indoor-outdoor so they should be able to survive the rigors of barn life.

This is the one I did using their clip art. I put on the side of my grooming caddy.

This is the one from the uploaded image helping identify my western hat can!


I had been trying to figure out a way to use the logo as a stencil but I am not that accurate with an exacto knife and my first attempt was a disaster. This was way easier and looks a million times better than I had hoped.

Stay tuned for your chance to get your hands on the first official merchandise!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't Megan awesome??! Your stuff looks great, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I still find it interesting that people want to read my blog...although its only 26 of them lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't look into the Build-A-Sign stuff too much when she contacted me, but now I'm inspired by your decals!! Those are really nice, and the bumper stickers look really cool too. You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete